Public Liability

If members of the public or customers come to your premises or you go to theirs, you should think about taking out public liability insurance.

What the insurance covers

This type of insurance covers any awards of damages given to a member of the public because of an injury or damage to their property caused by you or your business. It also covers any related legal fees, costs and expenses as well as costs of hospital treatment (including ambulance costs) that the NHS may claim from you.

Premiums depend on the type of business you run, your turnover and the number of employees you have.

There are many conditions, exclusions and warranties that can be applied to public liability policies. It is important therefore, that you discuss with Campton Insurance any that are applicable to your policy.

If you work from home, and customers or members of the public visit you there, you may also want to think about taking out public liability insurance.

Some businesses, e.g., horse riding establishments, are required to have public liability cover. You will also find that many of your customers or potential customers require proof of adequate insurance before they will allow you to work for them.

Campton Insurance Brokers (UK) Limited

126 High Street
Surrey RH9 8DX
Insurance Brokers
Tel: 01883 742460
Fax: 01883 744109