Temporary Motor Insurance
Campton Insurance Brokers (UK) Ltd would normally advise the owner of a vehicle to take out an
annual insurance policy and add any other drivers to that policy. However there are
circumstances when you may want to arrange Temporary Insurance on a vehicle you do not own
or to preserve your own NCB (see below for other reasons). We can offer the following 2 options;
* Please note that you are arranging the insurance direct with our temporary insurance partners and
payment will be collected by them should you wish to proceed with the cover. Please also note that
excesses are generally higher than under our standard annual policies.
Reasons why you may want temporary cover;
Temporary additional cars/vans
Situations may arise where you need to drive an additional vehicle for a short period of time. This could be due to your main vehicle getting repaired or the need to borrow a van when moving home. Whatever it be, tempcover.com is the ideal solution, with cover from 1-28 days available.
Temporary additional drivers
The need for additional drivers to drive your vehicle can often occur. It could be that you have an overseas visitor wishing to drive your vehicle, or your vehicle is to be driven by someone else on a long journey. No matter the circumstance we can provide cover.
To protect a no-claims bonus
A major concern for any driver is their no claims bonus, especially when they are lending their vehicle to another person. Through taking out short term car & van insurance with tempcover.com, you need not worry as you can use the vehicle without risking any existing NCD.
To obtain tax
Policyholders of tempcover.com are allowed to use their certificate of insurance to tax their vehicle. A number of other leading short term insurance providers DO NOT give consent for this. (Subject to DVLA/PostOffice acceptance)
For Immediate drive away cover
When you buy a car or van you can benefit from short term car and van insurance. Once cover has been taken out it allows for the vehicle to be driven away immediately. You also benefit from having the additional time to search the market for the most competitive annual policy.
The need to test drive a vehicle prior to purchase is common place. Tempcover.com allows for the prospective buyer to take out insurance that covers them for vehicle demonstration, whether it is for a new or second hand vehicle.
Policyholder & additional drivers
- You have a current full drivers licence (for a minimum of 1 year) - Australian or USA/Canadian licences are unacceptable)
- You are aged 21 - 69 years (or age 21 - 75 as an additional driver)
- You have no more than 6 penalty points on your licence in the last 3 years
- You have not been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
- You have not had more than one fault claim in the last 3 years
- The vehicle to be covered has not been modified has no more than 8 seats in total is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- You don't plan to use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- You require cover for a vehicle which you would be permitted to drive using a standard full UK licence.
- The minimum market value of the vehicle to be insured is £1,500.
- The maximum amount payable under this policy in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle is £40,000.