Personal Protection Policies
Family Income Protection or Family Life Insurance provides your family with a monthly income for
the remaining term of the policy, rather than a single lump sum.
Family Income Benefit Product Features:
- A fixed term policy
- Providing a tax free income from the date of death to the end of the term.
- Option on claim to commute the regular income for a single lump sum.
- No benefit on survival.
- No surrender value.
- Level premiums throughout the term.
- Policy is arranged for a fixed term of years.
- Family income life assurance is now available with critical illness cover as an option.
Family Income Benefit Policy Benefits:
- Low cost cover providing a tax free income, particularly useful for young families.
- Benefit is paid on death (or diagnosis of a specified critical illness if that option is taken out) of the insured person for the remaining years of the policy term.
- Provides valuable income to the surviving spouse/partner to bring up children etc
- Available for long or short term plans i.e. 1-18 years.
- Available for single or joint applicants.
Family Income Benefit Policy Limitations
- Fixed term means no flexibility, you may wish to extend cover but this is not possible.
- No continuing insurability, you may be ill at the end of the term and unable to obtain further cover.
- No investment element.The fixed sum assured does not take account of inflation.